Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

PIXMA TR8620 - Cannot get past "Failure to acquire information..." message on Win7 driver install

Newly purchased TR8620 printer using Windows 7 with a wired connection (I know - so 2012).  Everytime I try to run the win-tr8600-1_0-n_mcd.exe driver install file, I receive the following message:

"Failure to acquire information on driver and software.  Check the network connection and try again"

I'm 100% sure I have an active internet connection.  I can successfully print a "Windows Printer Test Page" and the computer system recognizes the printer is connected (via the control panel).  I have also deactivated my virus software and tried running the driver file as an administrator.  

I'm at a loss.  I need the IJ Scan Utility program included in the the driver install to make this printer worth anything to me.

Any smart people out there???

New Contributor

Re: PIXMA TR8620 - Cannot get past "Failure to acquire information..." message on Win7 dri

Additional information...  

The IJ Printer Assistant tool recognizes that there is a PIXMA printer attached and seems to function correctly.

Botomm line -

I cannot seem to install the drivers for this printer and therefore any of the associated software contained within that driver install program.