cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR85200 - A long story -

ammylar
Apprentice

Not too long ago, I bought a new PIXMA TR8520.

I installed the Drivers found on the Canon site:

TR8500 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows) - 09/26/17 - 18.42 MB

It printed fine once.

Then, I turn my computer off and next time I wanted to print it did not work.

I called support – very nice person who asked me to do the following:

• Turn printer and computer off
  • Unplug printer
  • Go to the router and unplug the router
  • Wait 10 second
  • Plug the router again – when the lights are back on
  • Turn the printer and computer on
  • Print a test page – All is well. I am printing.

Turn my printer off and next time I wanted to print it does not work again

I called support – very nice person asked me to do exactly what the other person had asked me the week before, and the printer successfully printed a test page.

Several days later when I want to print again. Nope, it won’t print.

So, I called support for the 3rd time – the person wanted me to do the same routing. I tried to explain that it will not work, that it had been done twice before. She did not want to listen. We ended up ending the support call.

Then, my son-in-law came, messed with the setting and all is well, I can print, whatever I want, whenever I want. Hurray!

However, I needed to scan and found out that I had no way to scan from my computer, so I when to Canon site and downloaded:

Quick Menu Ver.2.8.5 (Windows) - 01/12/18 - 9.07 MB

That allowed me to scan what I wanted. I noticed, however, that “Page printing” was blanked out.

Today, I want to print. It does not print. I un-installed the Quick Menu, shut down my computer, then after restarting it printed again.

This is not good enough. I want to have the full functionality of my printer from my computer. I do not know what to do, support is not helpful. They don’t seem to know much. I would prefer not to have to return the printer, but may be I will have to.

Any ideas, any one?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements