cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 new ink cartridges show nearly empty

troubledbyink
Apprentice

Upon recent installation of replacement 281 ink cartridges in my PIXMA TR8520, the ink level showed nearly empty on the new cartridges. This seemed odd, but assumed that this may be default. However, less than 50 additional pages have been printed and some of the new cartridges show "may be depleted". The total number of pages my printer has printed is 602. Assuming that modern inkjet printers track ink usage by number of droplets expended, were are my cartridges or printer defective? How do I resolve this? $3 per page printed is unsustainable!

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd start here:

Canon Knowledge Base - Replacing Ink Tanks - TR8520

Review and confirm the steps for repalcement were followed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Explicitly.

Greetings,

Other suggestions:

Only use Canon branded OEM inks

Removed and reseated the cartriges and printhead

Power off the ptinter, duisconnect from power, wait a minute, reconnect and turn on

Restart the computer

There is also a system reset procedure, which I am including.  I do not know if it will help:

Canon Knowledge Base - Reset Settings - TR7520 / TR8520

If these steps do not resolve the behavior, and you aren't receiving any errors, it will be best to contact Canon Support.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the help. Complete reset, restart, unplug/plug in, computer reboot and reinstallation of setup software - same problem. Only purchased Canon ink. Really disappointing performance - less than 700 pages printed.

I have the same issue. I ordered replacement ink cartridges because they were empty and the PGBK was showing full because I recently replaced this. When I put the new cartridges in, now it's showing PGBK as empty. How is this possible? 

Announcements