cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 - The printer is performing another operation

kbenson41
Apprentice

I setup my printer and it worked for a few days.  Now when I try to print, I get the error "The printer is performing another operation".

Anyone know what is going on?

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kbenson41,

What version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer?

We look forward to your reply.

Windows 10.

Hi kbenson41,

I recommend restarting your print spooler. Please do the following:

1. Open the search feature on your computer.
    2. In the search bar,type Services.msc and then press the keyboard’s ENTER or RETURN button.
    3. When the Services window opens, you should see the name of all the computer services under the NAME column.
    4. Use the scroll bar on the right side of the window to find the PRINT SPOOLER service.
    5. Single-click on the PRINT SPOOLER service and make sure it is highlighted.
    6. To the left of the NAME column, click on the RESTART link (or button) to restart the service. If you do not see this option, right-click on the PRINT SPOOLER and select RESTART.
    7. If another window opens asking if you want to restart the service or services, click on YES.
    8. When it restarts, you should see the word STARTED in the STATUS column next to the PRINT SPOOLER service.
    9. At the top left corner of the window click on FILE and then EXIT to close the Services window.
    10. Try printing.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That did not help.  I've inserted a picture below in case that helps.

Printer Error.JPG

Hi kbenson41,

Since resetting the print spooler did not resolve the issue, I recommend removing the printer driver and then reinstall it. From View Devices and Printers you will want to right click on the printer icon and select remove device. If there are any copies of the printer, remove them as well.

Once that is done, go into add and remove programs and look for a Canon MP driver. Unintstall the driver and then restart your computer.

After the computer restarts, please click HERE and select drivers and downloads. You will want to download the TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02.

Please let us know if the same message appears and you reinstall the printer.

Announcements