cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8500 cloud print tries to use rear paper tray

Spthomas
Apprentice
I only ever use the front tray. From my pc wirelessly, it prints to the front tray fine. I tried to print using Canon cloud print services from my Android phone. It insists on trying the rear tray where there is not paper. There is no way I can find to specify otherwise on the phone or the printer.

So I installed Mopria print services. It did successfully print a Mopria test page to the front tray. But again when I printed the document it will only try the rear tray that is never used. And again I find no setting to change that. How do I print from my phi e to the proper paper tray?
1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi Spthomas.

Check your phone's print service options.  If it uses a newer version of Android, there may be a "Default Print Service" option; ensure that is set to Off.  The Default print service may cause all print jobs to come out as card-sized small-sized, forcing the printer to try printing to small-size paper when using the Canon Print Service or MOPRIA.

Once the Default Print Service has been disabled, verify in the print window that the paper size and media type selected are the ones you wish to use (from your description, "Letter" size and "Plain Paper" type). The expanded print options may be found by tapping the downward-pointing arrow at the bottom of the printer selection and print preview screen.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements