cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7520 Scanner Headache

TPauli
Apprentice

I have had a problem with this printer since I purchased it. When scanning anything over 600dpi I get the error code 2,157,50. Anything less than 600dpi usually scans ok. Printing and faxing work well.

I have done endless searching to try and solve this issue to no avail. I have tried every solution I could find. Nothing has worked. My scanner is literally 2 feet from my router, I have updated (or tried to update) the drivers, I have allowed the scanner app through the firewall, completely disabled the firewall, and tried to use a USB cable to scan that way. Nothing has worked. On this USB cable side of this, when connected via USB, the printer shows up in my device manager, but there is no way to tell the printer (or the IJ Scan Utility, My Image Garden or ScanGear apps) to use the USB when communicating with my PC.

Other than this error constantly popping up, I have been happy with this device. Any help I can get on solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Technical Information - I am running Windows 10 (Version 1909, OS build 18363.836, 64-bit OS) on a Sony Vaio Laptop. 

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Tpauli,

Based on this information, it is recommend you speak with one of chat agents. Please click HERE to open the support page for your printer. In the chat box you can ask to speak to a live person. You will be asked to create a Canon account and once that is done, you will be able to connect with one of our chat agents Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays

We look forward to hearing from you.

Announcements