cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4520 - inseego T-Mobile 5G WIFI Hotspot - Can’t Enter Password

DK_Play
Apprentice
I own the PIXMA TR4520 Multi-Functional Printer. I have been unable to connect it to my inseego 5G MIFI WIFI HotSpot (T-Mobile) as a WIFI ROUTER. When SET-UP>WIFI>MANUAL CONNECT search function is preformed, the MIFI device does show up under available WIFI ROUTERS list. However, selecting the MIFI device, when I press OK, the printer tries to connect to it WITHOUT ASKING FOR THE PASSWORD resulting in UNABLE TO CONNECT. I was able to connect my Apple iPhone as WIFI ROUTER, using it as a WIFI hotspot. During the set-up, TR4520 did ask for the iPhone’s Password. The printer successfully connected to hotspot enabled iPhone. I own another printer. The HP Officejet 250. The inseego MIFI device connected to the HP without issue. How come the printer isn’t asking for the MIFI WIFI device’s Password? How can use my inseego 5G MIFI WIFI Hotspot with my Canon PIXMA TR4520?
4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DK_Play,

The PIXMA TR4520 is unable to connect to 5GHz wireless networks.  The PIXMA TR4520 is only compatible with 2.4GHz.  To use your PIXMA TR4520 wirelessly, please use your 2.4GHz network.  Once connected, please make sure that the computer or device that you wish to use with your PIXMA TR4520 is also connected to that 2.4GHz network as well.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

DK_Play
Apprentice
- The 5G Hotspot to the 2.4Ghz band (guess network.)
- That is the only way that it will be displayed in the TR4520’s available WIFI Routers List.
- I Now believe that the issue Inseego 5G MIFI Hotspot device. I reported the problem to Inseego. Their MIFI Router requires a firmware update.

DK_Play
Apprentice
The MIFI device is set to the 2.4Ghz band

Hi DK_Play,

Your MIFI device should support the WPS connection method.

Please follow the steps in this article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART172187

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements