Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

PIXMA TR4520 Printer Head Alignment Issues

I have had my printer for about a month, and have run the alignment steps so many times, I blew through the initial ink cartridges that come with the printer.  I can get the bottom and top parts of a page aligned, but not the entire page, so print jobs are blurry.  

Are there things to check that could be causing the issue?

Do I reset the printer and start initial setup again?

Could the drivers from the other Canon PIXMA printer I had be causing issues?

Any guidance would be appreciated before I call into the support line or take it to a service center.

Product Expert

Re: PIXMA TR4520 Printer Head Alignment Issues

Hi JayneCobb1973,

To troubleshoot this issue, I would recommend performing two Cleanings followed by printing the Nozzle Check Pattern.

Click HERE for information on performing the Cleaning process.

Click HERE for information on printing the Nozzle Check Pattern.

If the issue persist after printing the Nozzle Check Pattern, I would recommend troubleshooting with our support group to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

New Contributor

I will do that when I get home this evening and contact support if needed.  

Thank you for the quick reply.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Looks like I will have to call in.  Yesterday I ran 2 cleanings, 2 deep cleanings, and 2 nozzle checks.  I printed out an email and everything looked fine.

Today, I turned on the printer and preceeded to print another email.  The skewed lines and "double vision" returned.  On top of that, I had 2 paper jams in a spamn of 30 secs.  

I didn't have a problem with my older PRIXMA.