cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

gnc
Contributor
How do you clear the B200 Support Code on my Printer? I can't do anything with the printer until the B200 code is removed and does not pop up as soon as I power up the printer. AND what causes the B200 code to be active all of a sudden?? My printer is no longer in warranty, but has worked fine until this code issue appeared all of a sudden! Your nearest service center is over 250 miles away----hardly worth while to keep printer if no "work a round" is provided, and I doubt I'd buy another Canon if this issue is not resolved!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gnc
Contributor
I found how to remove & replace the print head (after cleaning it up a bit), but I still get the B200 Support Code. Does this mean I must buy a new print head???

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

I purchased a used HP all - in - one for $114 from Amazon last night around 11:30 pm.  B200 error and blank pages are gone!

Good luck everyone.

I had the same experience about 2 years ago, except I went for a new MX922 for $80 (about printhead cost). (Now MX922 is "legacy," $200 and up at Amazon.) Saved the paper and printable-CD trays, but was sad to toss the otherwise-intact dead one on the recyclables cart. Maybe using rotgut 3rd-party ink killed it, but I saved enough to just buy a new printer (several times), even at today's inflated price.

bekkabrat71
Apprentice
Yes took a couple tries but def 100% worked! Thanks so much!!

missbb
Apprentice

The B200 has been a big pain for  a few years.I find If I  just turn off the printer for a few days and it will work when I turn it back on. I also have a brother laser printer so I can wait it out.  

Oh, I have no idea why the help information mentions things about bright lights shining at the paper discharge area or why the bright lights should be avoided. I do have a tall triple hinged lamp with rotate and tilt bulb hood/receptacle that can take a track lighting style halogen flood light bulb and often wonder if I blinded a communication sensor for the printer head or other imaginary components. Simply powering the printer off, waiting, back on never worked for me doing that only. The only way I ever got the B200 code to finally go away was by manually pushing the ink carriage back and forth and unscrewing everything on the print head then reassembling. annoying that the ink removal and head removal positions are at two different positions on the track. and very annoying cycle time only to get the b200. If it did retain the B200 error it should have showed immediately but is was more like the error was cleared and then occurring again every time towad the end of the cycle. Double Ugg!

NeedaFix
Contributor
I still have the Cannon printer because the other features still work such as scanning and it was a great printer until overdose of B200. It prints on both sides without manually flipping the paper. I was happy because the ink cartridges were not made obsolete. The cycle time for each attempted reset was unbearable for me. Best wishes everyone.

That's amazing your printer still works with the error message. Mine won't do a thing until the message is cleared out.

If it doesn't work and all the software is up to date there is nothing wroung with using a good screwdriver set and taking it apart, reassembling it or whatever. careful not to stip screw heads. not much to break anything worse that B200.

EriConda
Contributor
Folks, I've tried all the tips, danced on one leg while singing our National Anthem, and found NONE of them work. Cannon should be ashamed for making such flawed equipment and waisting your time. I recycled the printer, bought an HP laser and not ONE problem ever since. This is the most effective solution to the B200 error.

Bigpygme
Contributor

I had a stubborn B20 error on my MX922 for a while. I hadn’t used it in a couple of months, although i hadn’t planned on that and hadn’t taken the cartridges out and stored them.  I put in new ones, but no joy. Research led me to suspect the print head was gummed up, so after an alcohol soak didn’t fix the Error i bought a solvent “kit” online; that didn’t resolve it either. I shopped online for another print head. The prices varied wildly. It felt like i was taking a chance when I chose a new one for $30 (not a manufacturer’s item).  I installed the print head and reinstalled the new cartridges, which I’d sealed in a baggie to prevent their drying out. Next step: reset the MX922 using others’ advice to press/hold Stop for a couple of seconds, then press Start while immediately pressing Stop 5 times. The screen lit, then the printer took some time before ‘booting’, apparently deciding whether to accept the new print head and re-evaluate he B200 error. After 20 or 30 seconds the LED panel lit without a B200 Error warning. It came on line perfectly. It had worked 

Announcements