cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

gnc
Contributor
How do you clear the B200 Support Code on my Printer? I can't do anything with the printer until the B200 code is removed and does not pop up as soon as I power up the printer. AND what causes the B200 code to be active all of a sudden?? My printer is no longer in warranty, but has worked fine until this code issue appeared all of a sudden! Your nearest service center is over 250 miles away----hardly worth while to keep printer if no "work a round" is provided, and I doubt I'd buy another Canon if this issue is not resolved!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gnc
Contributor
I found how to remove & replace the print head (after cleaning it up a bit), but I still get the B200 Support Code. Does this mean I must buy a new print head???

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

Cjcary35
Contributor
Mines still sitting in the dark - lol as well...
hate to toss away something I think ..is not bad..or worn out!! If it were a car it would have a recall and not just be simply planned obsolescense!! Sigh

Def going to try tomorrow.

I hope this helps some folks...

Canon MX922 Printer B200 Error - Repair Report

1. Problem: Printer displays Error B200 and won’t proceed.
  2. Removed ink cartridges – 3 totally empty; 1 almost empty; 1 Pigment black O.K.
  3. Replaced all ink cartridges with new cartridges.
  4. Printer still displayed Error B200 and wouldn’t proceed.
  5. Much online research and attempted solutions, but no success.
  6. Finally, turned OFF printer and opened cartridge access door. Turned ON printer and when print head moved to access position, unplugged power cord.
  7. Removed ink cartridges
  8. Removed Print Head (lever release pulled forward, tipped the head and slid it out).
  9. Flushed Print Head with hot water until no ink. Used 50cc syringe with 8-gauge cannula and Tygon tubing 1/4” nipple to force hot water through ink channels until no ink. Blew out ink channels with dry syringe. Wiped down ink droplet dispenser with isopropyl alcohol until no ink color.
  10. Replaced dried Print Head and reset release bar.
  11. Replaced all the new ink cartridges.
  12. Re-started printer with cartridge access doors open. After Print Head moved to access position and all cartridges were lighted and not flashing, printer displayed “Door Open – Close Door”. I DID NOT close door, because if I did the printer would display “Error B200” and freeze!
  13. I instructed the connected computer (in “printer maintenance”) to do a “Deep Cleaning”. When completed, I closed the door(s) and instructed it to do a “Nozzle Check”.

The printer operated normally and gave a GOOD nozzle check report.

Trouble Shooting 102 - Problem solved.

Hi, Could you please further explain exactly how you went about doing the "deep cleaning". I pressed the menu button to get into "maintenance" but it wouldn't go there. 😞  I kept getting the B200 code. I'm not sure what you meant when you said," I instructed the connected computer". Excuse my ignorance. ;^)  I've been fooling around with this thing for 2 days. If you could help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!  :^D

TheOutlawDad
Apprentice

If you have the B200 Error. To get out of it. 1.Push the power button. Unit will shut off. 2. Unplug Power cable. 3. With the power cable unpluged hold power button in for 10 seconds. 4. Plug power cable in & press Power button. This will get you to the main screen. 6.Use the up down arrows to get you to Setup. 7.Clik setup Use right arrows to to estimated ink level clik ok. 8. Replace any Ink with yellow triangle. 9. Clik back arrow go  to setup. 10 Clik ok on setup. Use left arrow hight device setings. 11. Clik ok on device settings. use bottom arrow scroll down to Firmware update you must be online. Clik Ok on the update when prompted clik yes let printer get update. 12. After you see Sucees Updated Clik Ok.  13 Printer should now do B200 Error again. 14. Press power button shut down printer. 15. Press power button Firmware loads on start up Error is Gone.

I have the dreaded B200 error on my MX922 Canon printer. My first sign of trouble was the appearance of diverging PGBK lines in a head alignment test. To correct, one source advised cleaning the printhead. I did so, both in low pressure fresh water and in an ultrasonic cleaner. After drying I reinstalled the printhead and cartidges and, voila, B200 appeared. I have followed all, I think, of the tricks this forum has suggested and no luck. B200 shows no matter what I do.

The printer is connected via ethernet to my computer and has been used little over the last few years so it is in good physical shape despite a couple of slaps across it's B200 ears.

Does anyone have a definitive procedure that should work to clear the B200 curse? I have a mean Scottish streak that make me want to fix things rather than replace them - thrifty perhaps, cheap more likely.

You can try this. Sometimes when the machine sits inactive for a while the ink dries hard. Put the head in a few inches of Luke warm water and let it sit overnight. If you have a turkey blaster poor some water inside the printer head directly on the little silver heads. You might have thought you removed the old ink but you'll be surprise of how much can be still dried up inside. 
good luck 

Thanks oldtreker. I have tried multiple washes and also ultrasonic cleaning but still get B200. I saw elsewhere that if you remove the printhead with the printer off (plug out) and then power up, letting it go through the startup routine without the printhead, the printer should show a 'printhead not installed' error proving(?) the printer itself is okay and the printhead is defective in some way. My guess is I need a new printhead to clear the B200 error. Genuine Canon QY6-0086 printheads are expensive but still cheaper than a new printer with the same features as the MX922.

Not. Goes directly to the B200 error screen

This is how I fiwed Mine It has been fine now for over a year. If it doesnt work on the first try. Do the steps again and put in new ink. its cheap on ebay you can get 3 full reloads for 16.00 dollars.

If you have the B200 Error. To get out of it. 1.Push the power button. Unit will shut off. 2. Unplug Power cable. 3. With the power cable unpluged hold power button in for 10 seconds This will drain the motherboard. 4. Plug power cable in & press Power button. This will get you to the main screen. 6.Use the up down arrows to get you to Setup. 7.Clik setup Use right arrows to to estimated ink level clik ok. 8. Replace any Ink with yellow triangle. 9. Clik back arrow go  to setup. 10 Clik ok on setup. Use left arrow hightlight device setings. 11. Clik ok on device settings. use bottom arrow scroll down to Firmware update you must be online. Clik Ok on the update when prompted clik yes let printer get update. 12. After you see Succeees Updated Clik Ok.  13 Printer should now do B200 Error again. 14. Press power button shut down printer. 15. Press power button Firmware loads on start up Error is Gone

Mcron
Apprentice
I want to sincerely thank you. I have been trying each solution for 3 hours. Initially there was a paper jam (unseen until I started dismantling my printer) but the B5200 error code came up. I cleaned the ink cartridge heads, I put in new ink cartridges. Did the power on thing with the cartridge door open. I thought I was in the clear. Then my printer Shut off and wouldn’t power on at all. I went to different outlets etc. Finally got it on. Looked good again then Error code!!! Went through the cartridge door steps again. Got into the menu did what you suggested and I got a printed paper!! I’m so happy. Now we’ll see if I can move it back to my room where it was and hook it back up to my computer! There is hope!
Announcements