cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

gnc
Contributor
How do you clear the B200 Support Code on my Printer? I can't do anything with the printer until the B200 code is removed and does not pop up as soon as I power up the printer. AND what causes the B200 code to be active all of a sudden?? My printer is no longer in warranty, but has worked fine until this code issue appeared all of a sudden! Your nearest service center is over 250 miles away----hardly worth while to keep printer if no "work a round" is provided, and I doubt I'd buy another Canon if this issue is not resolved!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gnc
Contributor
I found how to remove & replace the print head (after cleaning it up a bit), but I still get the B200 Support Code. Does this mean I must buy a new print head???

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

Thanks,   I did try this and it did clear the error but when I tried to do anything else it went back to error mode.  I'll probably try the clean manually.  I was going to try a deep cleaning but I could get that far.

This worked for me too.

Thanks a lot.

debillkeefe- Thank you! Had to perform it twice, but it worked the second time and I am back to normal printing. Sticky cartridges!!

Worked like a charm. Thanks... I was just getting ready to head out to buy a new non-Canon printer. Guess I won't do that <g>.

This worked for me too but the directions were ambiguous; It states "Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and..."

The carriage doesn't really go to the left. It goes to the right and back to the center. So, waiting for it to go left, it stopped. I decided to just close the cover at that point and after the printer wasted a bunch of ink, it worked again.

Thanks!

This also worked for me.

I took the whole thing apart and attempted to clean it and it twice and nothing!! Then i do this Super fast easy thing and BOOM fixed! Stupid printer. Thank you!

Thanks. It worked for me, however had to give three tries.

This is my second Canon with this problem. First was a Pixma MX870 now my MX922. I got a lot of use from the 870 so I accepted it was done. Buying a print head for $90 didn’t make sense because I bought it for $85 on sale. Now my MX922 was not used for 1/3 the print jobs of the 870 and I got the b200 for the second time. I cleaned it over night put it back and got couldn’t recognize the ink cartridge code. I switched to grayscale and it prints. Bought new ink today and b200 is back. 

Removed head put back ink and grayscale and it works.  I don’t think I have much time left. 

Wow, I don't know how you figured this out but it worked for me.  Frankly, I don't care if it only lasts a week or so, I'm just amazed it worked!  Kudos to you!!!

Edit required -- Even with the error cleared, every time I tried to print, the error reappeared.  I cleared the B200 error at least five times but was never able to print anything as the error immediately reoccurred without anything being printed.

Announcements