cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

gnc
Contributor
How do you clear the B200 Support Code on my Printer? I can't do anything with the printer until the B200 code is removed and does not pop up as soon as I power up the printer. AND what causes the B200 code to be active all of a sudden?? My printer is no longer in warranty, but has worked fine until this code issue appeared all of a sudden! Your nearest service center is over 250 miles away----hardly worth while to keep printer if no "work a round" is provided, and I doubt I'd buy another Canon if this issue is not resolved!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gnc
Contributor
I found how to remove & replace the print head (after cleaning it up a bit), but I still get the B200 Support Code. Does this mean I must buy a new print head???

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

@baziotowrote:

llll

My experience

Step by step the printer came to life and printed at its best… OUAOU…
If this was helpful you will know by repeating it…

NOTE: DON’T RASH to throw the printer out and never agree with some idiots who advise you that the B200 Code shows the printer is basically unreparable or too costly to repair…

I repeated bazioto's steps (except skipped the water wash - if alcohol didn't open the nozzles, water wouldn't do much more).

I also got another B200 when restarting, but to speed up the step-by-step part...:

...unplugged the AC for 60 seconds.

...use the cover-open trick again to keep control at startup

...from the front panel, select MENU/Maintenance/Print Nozzle Check Pattern

It worked! The nozzle check sheet printed, and operations are back to normal.

Yes, a little patience can pay off. If you're lucky.

Having encountered the dreaded B200 error code on my Canon MX922, I ran through the various proposed steps discussed here, including removing and cleaning the print head, and resetting the print head with the (print head) cover open. I still received the B200 error code.  However, once I turned the printer off and manually moved the print head to the center position (i.e., from the side position it normally ends in) (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8cdisDr5Zw for a demonstration of this manual resetting; I know it's a different Canon printer, it's still the same technique), and then restarted the printer, and then ran a Maintenance/Check Nozzle just to make sure there wasn't still an issue with some sort of clog, the error cleared, and I've been able to print normally.

One problem with having had no success with either the "open cover" method or the "manually clean print head" technique, but having success after the "manual movement of print head" technique, is that I can't definitively say if it was only the "manual movement" that fixed the B200 error, or rather some combination of the three techinques.  Anyway, as long as it's back to printing.

Thanks to all for the help.

DJ

pennypen67
Apprentice
This worked for me...thank you so much!! I ran the deep cleaning after the code disappeared as a precaution.

Dfaughtcvt
Apprentice

This worked for me just now, when I was having the problem with the B200 code on my PIXMA M22.

1. Switch Off Power
  2. Open up the print head bay (as if you're going to change inks)
  3. Switch On power
  4. Wait for the print carriage to begin transferring to the left and let it go past halfway
  5. Just before the print carriage gets to the left hand side (but after going halfway across) close the cover
  6. Leave the Printer switched on
  7. Check if fixed

I did all this several times and yes the b200 seems to clear but I can't print anything without the error code B200 coming back.   I was able to clean the head on the low cleaning cycle but not the deep and it still never worked.  

fabricgator
Contributor

You know, it is amazing how my machine works perfectly just seconds before (and for weeks prior) and suddenly, this just stops working out of the blue... In fact I find it incredible as in in-credible. 

This not the first time on a canon printer product and on a different model, again, the thing was working perfectly and then three minutes later I can't print anything (always at the most inconvenient time)

Is this the Canon business model?

If, so, I will not support this.

PS, the last time, Canon replaced my old model with a different printer under warranty exchange. 

Of course, it used a different ink tank model so my investment in Canon Genuine ink tanks was a stupid move on my part too. 

I am not happy with my canon printer choice 😞

yes this is the Business Model of maost all printer makers.  I have found you tube sources though that will help replace the ink cartriges with new chips that will let them work.  go to amazon and look it up

Well, you know, as in all things, it works until it doesn't ........  that's life.

Cjcary35
Contributor

Announcements