cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

gnc
Contributor
How do you clear the B200 Support Code on my Printer? I can't do anything with the printer until the B200 code is removed and does not pop up as soon as I power up the printer. AND what causes the B200 code to be active all of a sudden?? My printer is no longer in warranty, but has worked fine until this code issue appeared all of a sudden! Your nearest service center is over 250 miles away----hardly worth while to keep printer if no "work a round" is provided, and I doubt I'd buy another Canon if this issue is not resolved!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gnc
Contributor
I found how to remove & replace the print head (after cleaning it up a bit), but I still get the B200 Support Code. Does this mean I must buy a new print head???

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

Hi, I replaced the printer HEAD only.  I did go a year after getting rid of the B200 error before that!  Still running like new.

Not sure why but that worked for me. Thanks! 

@debillkeefe wrote:
1. Turn OFF Power
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on
7. Good to go.
I tried this and it worked for me

I sure we have all tried it, worked before then it doesn't
How many times have you shut the cover on the wrong cycle, How many times has it worlked for you fifty, ten plus, twice? Thanks for reposting steps from years ago. How many times did you have to start over?

This worked like a charm! My printer immediately started working after I closed the lid. 

Thanks!

tking
Apprentice
This worked for me. Power off,power on, allowed the printer to cycle through start up with cartridge door open. Released all the ink cartridges,reengage the ink cartridges. Printed pages with no error code.

@tkingwrote:
This worked for me. Power off,power on, allowed the printer to cycle through start up with cartridge door open. Released all the ink cartridges,reengage the ink cartridges. Printed pages with no error code.

That literally isn't possible to do. The screen prompts you to close the cover and when you do, B200 comes up. It won't complete a power cycle on with the cover open.

That is possible with the RDF raised up... 

@lkeelswrote:

@tkingwrote:

That literally isn't possible to do. The screen prompts you to close the cover and when you do, B200 comes up. It won't complete a power cycle on with the cover open.

This confused me for a bit also. By "cover" in this case, they mean the "inner cover", just below the ink cartridge door. Be sure it's in the raised (closed) position (the inner cover swings down to uncover the disk printer holder slot, and also to give more room for ink cartridge or print head removal).

OMG!  It worked.  So, yes, that is very confusing.  I have been getting this error message on my printer for over a year, have been able to "nurse" it back to running order each time.  DON'T give up on your printer guys!

I wash the cradles out with alcohol.  My most calcitrant cradle is the one on the far right, which always has lots of ink in it. I clean that out really well with the alcohol, sometimes remove all the cartridges if I feel like it needs it.  Most of the time that clears the error and the printer starts back up again and is okay for a while.

This time it was more stubborn (as what happens occasionally, it gives me more trouble and it takes longer to get it going again). The "open door" thing has been a challenge because the error message won't allow you to run the printer with the doors open.  But explained correctly, as it has been here, It DID work and my printer is once more back in business.  YEAH!  Thanks guys. 

My Pixma 922 is five years old, and I love it.  It's a great printer, even with the B200 error code. That's a bitch, and definitely a Cannon flaw, but as I said, I love this printer and don't want to go looking for a new one. This is the only complaint I have about it and I think, even if I end up replacing the print head I'll do it. It would be worth it.  Hands down it's a great printer.

Same here. The screen says to close the cover - and when you do the B200 error message appears (and the machine won't move). 😞
Announcements