cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 stopped printing

olonips
Apprentice

Have been using it for a couple of weeks.  Today printer is on, it is the default printer in Windows 7.  Sent documents to print; they appear in the printing queue, then it gives "error printing" message.  Went to Canon utility, sent test page, same result.  No error codes showing in printer display.  Printer status is "Ready" when I check it in Devices and Printer.  Turned everything on and off, same results.  

In summary, printer is connected, no error messages, but no print output.  

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I removed all drivers, reinstalled driver, now working fine. THANKS! PROBLEM SOLVED

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Re-install the print driver. It is best to delete the one that is already there first.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks! I looked in my Drivers folder and there are more than 100 files that start with CN. Since I don't know which one is the MX922 driver, should I delete them all and then install the drivers, or should I delete only the specific one? I don't have any other Canon hardware in this computer.

Click Start
Type: 'Print Management'
In the left pane navigate to: Print Servers | PC Name (local) | Drivers
Delete the faulty print driver, or if you're not sure, delete all of the Print Drivers listed. 
Restart and download another or updated driver for your printer from the Canon's web site.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I removed all drivers, reinstalled driver, now working fine. THANKS! PROBLEM SOLVED

I'm getting error message 5100 on my pixma mx920 printer..  Have windows 10.  Customer support told me not to use CD that came with printer.  However, wanted to scan and realized I had no scanner files on computer, so I downloaded the CD.  Was able to scan.  Now, however, can't print or scan.

Kat, go here and download and replace all the old drivers with these 🙂
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

Hi, I did that earlier today, and I'm getting error codes 5100 and 6001.  So far nothing is working! Thanks, though.

Announcements