cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 "Document in ADF error" scanning multiple pages

tigger46
Apprentice

I just bought a new MX922.   About 50% of the time when scanning multiple pages (8.5x11).  the adf stops part way with the message "Document in ADF. Check document in ADF, Clear and restart the operation".   As far as I can see the documents are not creased and are aligned properly in the ADF.  

This problem happens more often in duplex mode, but also in simplex.

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi tigger46!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

You'll want to try THIS troubleshooting.

If that doesn't help, we recommend reaching out to support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

If you're outside the US or Canada, find support in your country by clicking HERE.

We hope this helps! 

Thanks Stephen for the tip. Funny thing is , there is never any other paper stuck in the ADF. Just the page thats being scanned and its not really stuck.   There is no jam to clear.  When I press ok to eject, it comes out fine.

Hi Tigger46 - 

Were you able to get the issue resolved? I'm experiencing the same thing. The paper is never really stuck - the printer just stops scanning and gives me the "document in ADF" error warning. It doesn't matter whether I'm scanning single- or double-sided or if it's regular 8.5x11 or legal-sized paper. I can have a single sheet of paper in the ADF or several. 

It's nearly unusable - I can't get it to scan more than a few pages at once. I previously had a Canon Pixma 822. That thing was AWESOME! I very rarely had any issues and I must have scanned thousands of pages with it. That's why I replaced it with a very similar model - but the MX922 seems to be very finicky and frustrating. 

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm wondering if there is any way to adjust the ADF? 

Thanks for any advice!

Ryan

Announcements