cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 is out of color ink but I want to print in black and white - can I override?

rs1
Apprentice

My PIXMA won't print because it says the yellow and magenta print cartridges are low in ink - I only want to print in standard black and white, but even though there is no color in my document and I have switched the settings to grayscale, it still won't print.  Is there a way to override this?

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The unit will not be able to print if any ink tank is empty or is missing.  Please replace the empty ink tank to resume printing.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Just want to point out that this is CORPORATE EVIL at its slimiest best:  

The printer is DESIGNED to waste ink every day through the phoney "auto maintenance" feature that we all lived for decades without the need of.

I've had ENTIRE cartridges of color ink run dry before I've EVER PRINTED A SINGLE COLOR PAGE. 

And now -- on top of that -- they've figured out how to make their product even MORE unuseful, by REQUIRING that ALL the ink wells be FILLED in order to print ANYTHING [hence, they have ensured that every single customer, regardless of how that customer might ACTUALLY wish to use their Canon printer, has to shell out money for ink cartridges that are DESIGNED to run out of ink WITHOUT EVEN USING THEM].

This kind of crap really makes me sick!

I agree! that is disgusting. I have NEVER (before this) had a printer that would not print in BLACK AND WHITE when my COLOR cartridges are empty! what a joke... rethinking my purchase and I will be sure to purchase something new without this great little feature... this is definitely some money-greedy BS. if I don't want ANY color on my page, what the hell is the point of having to have my COLOR cartridges full to print in B&W only?!

GREED will bring you down. There is no need for me to have colored ink. I DON"T USE IT! Your company is just screwing it's customers out of money.

terryrudy
Apprentice

I took the 2 cartridges out and soaked them in water a little bit, then got a message that they might be counterfeit, yada yada, but the important part was it told me to hold the "stop" down for 5 seconds or more to override the warning for counterfeit cartridges.  That worked and I was able to print in black ink. 

Announcements