cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 - Support Code 6000

Barryjsiegel
Apprentice

I am getting a support code 6000 message.  My priter cue is empty.  I have shut down the machine and power source and the message still appears when I power it back up.  The machine has no functionality with this code present.

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Barryjsiegel,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

NO! I tried calling the support number. The automated the system keeps telling me I have no My Canon account. However, I'm here, aren't I?

Anyway...my printer crapped out on me when I need to urgently print a form. It was working perfectly up until now.
Please help!

Hi, AnnZ.

Support options have changed since the previous Subject Matter Expert post in this thread, our support policy has changed.  Canon community accounts only apply to the forum.  A Canon Account for product support is managed through a separate system, located through http://mycanon.usa.canon.com.

One initial check that may resolve the 6000 error is to check the rear hatch for jammed paper

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This absolutely DID NOT help.

I have a Canon Account for product support.

I DO NOT HAVE A PAPER JAM.

Does this mean that my printer software has suffered a fatal exception and I'm SOL?

Hi AnnZ.

If all else has been checked, and the 6000 error persists, then the printer's hardware is suffering a problem, and the printer will need to be replaced.

One option I can offer is the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Announcements