cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922-Envelope Printing

Kiwi422
Apprentice
I am trying to print a commercial size 10 envelope from Word 2013 document. The envelope contains a table created in Word that extends the full height and width of the envelope with .5 margins on all sides. This printed fine on my HP LaserJet 5 but when I try to print it on the Pixma, the right margin switches from .5 to 1.48" when I go to print and as a result truncates the table. I saw in the fine print that the Pixma 922 does not support borderless envelope printing so I'm thinking maybe there is a built in larger border for envelopes. Has anyone figured out a work around? I attempted to avoid using the "envelope" settings by creating a custom document both in Word and for the printer that is the same size as the envelope. But the same thing happens - the table is truncated. I also attempted to just type text, thinking maybe there was something finicky about the table. But even the text is truncated and the margin overrides whatever I put in to change to 1.48" Very frustrating!
4 REPLIES 4

rnewman9
Apprentice

I've had several Canon Pixma printers.  None of them required the IT doctorate as the 922 seems to.  Canon ought to respond to the many many consumers who are having trouble printing envelopes on the 922.

Maje
Contributor

All of a sudden having trouble printing #10 envelopes from Canon PIXMA MX922. First they came out blank, then I wrangled a bit, then they came out crooked, tried some more, then it printed all squished and vertical as if it were portrait even though it was set on landscape, and now it is printing way at the top of the envelope, with 2 lines of the address off the envelope top! What is wrong???????????? I printed an envelope 2 days ago and all was normal. So confused at this point. Any fixes?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Maje,

What version of Windows (or OS X) is installed on your computer?

What program are you printing your envelopes from?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 7 and Wordperfect 12.

I performed cleaning and then rebooted the printer and the computer. Then I followed an online suggestion to set the printing to photo printing and it worked! 

But then I printed a text page and every other line or two was blurred.  I performed all the cleaning processes and shut it down and went out to do some errands. Then I rebooted both and now it is printing clear and clean.

Thanks anyway.

Announcements