cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 All In One Printer 1411-The following ink tank cannot be recognized.

BrianDelli
Apprentice

I have followed YouTube video provided by Canon support and have removed ALL the ink Tanks, powered down at wall, powered back up and re-installed the Canon ink tanks.  Problem still exists.  Suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BrianDelli,

Since the error wont clear, please reply with the information that you see on the ink cartridges( ink number, where the cartridge was made, etc).

Also please let us know if the little red light on the cartridges is lit up or dark.

We look forward to your reply.

I have done the same. Ink cartridge is a Canon 751. Made in Japan. This is my 3rd new cartridge. Red lights are all on, but error message persists.

Hi Zoey11,

If your PIXMA MX922 was purchased in the United States, the 751 ink tanks are not compatible and that is why you are experiencing the 1411 error.

From left to right, the ink tanks should be installed in your PIXMA MX922 as follows:

CLI-251M     magenta
CLI-251BK   black
CLI-251Y     yellow
PGI-250BK  black
CLI-251C     cyan

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same issue, the ink tank is a canon CLI-251 M. the printer will not see it. when I switch it into the black slot it sees the ink tank in the black slot, but the slot where the magenta goes and I have tried the black does not see the black either. So that tells me its the slot not the ink tank. Can I get the slot to see it, or by pass that slot some how?

I have the same problem getting my printer to recognize ink tanks. The light on the large black tank won't light. I can remove and replace the ink tanks and then I might get a different set of tanks that aren't recognized. Sometimes it's a single tank and other times it is multiple tanks (3-5). I have removed the printer head and soaked it in alcohol a couple of hours to ensure that it's clean. But no help.

Hi,

Based on the information you provided it sounds like the issue is with the print head and the printer would need to be replaced. 

Since the printer would require service or replacement, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements