Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

PIXMA MX922 All In One Printer 1411-The following ink tank cannot be recognized.

I have followed YouTube video provided by Canon support and have removed ALL the ink Tanks, powered down at wall, powered back up and re-installed the Canon ink tanks.  Problem still exists.  Suggestions?

Product Expert

Re: PIXMA MX922 All In One Printer 1411-The following ink tank cannot be recognized.

Hi BrianDelli,

Since the error wont clear, please reply with the information that you see on the ink cartridges( ink number, where the cartridge was made, etc).

Also please let us know if the little red light on the cartridges is lit up or dark.

We look forward to your reply.

New Contributor

Re: PIXMA MX922 All In One Printer 1411-The following ink tank cannot be recognized.

I have done the same. Ink cartridge is a Canon 751. Made in Japan. This is my 3rd new cartridge. Red lights are all on, but error message persists.
Product Expert

Hi Zoey11,

If your PIXMA MX922 was purchased in the United States, the 751 ink tanks are not compatible and that is why you are experiencing the 1411 error.

From left to right, the ink tanks should be installed in your PIXMA MX922 as follows:

CLI-251M     magenta
CLI-251BK   black
CLI-251Y     yellow
PGI-250BK  black
CLI-251C     cyan

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

I have the same issue, the ink tank is a canon CLI-251 M. the printer will not see it. when I switch it into the black slot it sees the ink tank in the black slot, but the slot where the magenta goes and I have tried the black does not see the black either. So that tells me its the slot not the ink tank. Can I get the slot to see it, or by pass that slot some how?