cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 - ADF JAMMING & WON'T FEED PAPER - ERROR CODE 2801

vikarrious
Apprentice

The ADF jams every time I try to scan a document.  Once I hit scan, the page stops after being pulled into the printer about 4 inches and the error code 2801 appears, "Document in ADF."   So I hit "OK" and the printer tells me to hit "OK" again to eject the document, which then the printer easily ejects the document.  I find it odd that, once I hit OK to eject the document, it VERY EASILY pulls the paper in, no matter how many pages, to eject it out the other side... so this tells me the printer is perfectly capable of pulling the document throught the rollers! 

I am not loading huge documents, it happens whether I am loading 1 page or 5, so I am not overloading the feeder.  It is also not the paper, because the paper I'm loading is standard printer paper.  I can get the ADF to work if I feed hte paper in manually, one at a time, but this is not feasible because it would take me all day to scan several multiple page documents.  

I am also aware of the cleaning function for the rollers for paper coming out of the paper trays, but am not aware of any cleaning feature for the rollers for the ADF.

This is very frustrating as this printer is only a year old, I hope someone can help.

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi vikarrious.

The ADF may be cleaned manually.  Lift the paper input slot to access the rollers within, and clean them with a clean, dry cloth.

Also ensure the paper used is flat, plain paper. Thicker paper, or paper with too many folds, may need to be scanned through the platen scanning bed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements