cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX920 printer will not feed paper. Says paper tray empty when it is full. code 1008.

desertrosie
Contributor

Tried all the correct maintenance, aligned the paper, rebooted, etc.  It will print from the "copy" command, but no other

requests.  It makes the right sounds, but no action.

9 REPLIES 9

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello desertrosie!

Welcome to the Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.  The PIXMA MX920 printer was manufactured for Canon Asia.

If you live outside the United States, please http://www.canon.com, and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

My PIXMA is actually a MX922 purchased through Amazon in the USA.  The CD that came with it says MX920 series.

it is actually a PIXMA MX922 purchased through Amazon in 2013.
The installation CD said "920 series."

Hi, desertrosie!

Thanks for the clarification.  We initially mistook it for a non-US model.  The MX922 is the North American version of that printer, whereas other printers named "MX92_," with a differest last digit, are sold in other regions of the world.  Your question has been forwarded to a technician and we should have an answer for you soon.

Thanks again for choosing Canon!

Julius
Rising Star

Hello desertrosie!

The PIXMA MX922 has both an upper cassette and a lower cassette to load paper into. The upper cassette is meant for smaller-sized photo paper, while the lower cassette is meant for larger-sized photo paper and plain paper. Please double check that the program you are printing in has been set for the correct type of paper, as it may be pulling from a tray that is empty.

You can check out the following link for guidance, which shows step-by-step directions on how to load the paper into the appropriate tray: http://bit.ly/1FvLvLH

However, if the issue persists, our U.S.-based support team will need to take a closer look into what is going on.  They can be reached by phone or email at http://bitly.com/ContactCanon and they are happy to help!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Nothing helped.  I gave away the printer, but have a  new one now.  Let's hope it continues to work as promised!

I have had this printer and for months have had the same issue. It is so frustrating that I am just about at the point where I am going to throw this printer away and buy a different brand.

There is paper in the printer and it is aligned with the guides. The printer still says it is out of paper.

I turn the printer on/off and it still happens.

Nothing is working.

Please help!

Hi comdak,

So we can better assist you, please let us know what size and type of paper you are trying to print on.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is most probably a driver issue, nothing to do with paper size or type. I have been on several forums and Canon reps do not know the answer. At least for Macs, changing printer drivers to Gutenprint drivers solves the issue. The drivers should be installed first, then the printer should be removed in the printers preference pane and added again. But then one needs to choose CUPS-Gutenprint rather than Canon driver.

On my Mac running 10.11.3 the 2-year old printer showed code 1007 (upper cassette empty).

Announcements