cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX920 copier

2cpareck
Apprentice

The copy function on my printer does not work at all. The printer works, but the copier doesn't. Blank page ejects. I cleaned the printer head, and did all the other maintenance things, but still no copies. Any ideas for me?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi 2cpareck,

First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

CLI-251M  magenta
CLI-251BK  black
CLI-251Y  yellow
PGI-250BK black
CLI-251C  cyan

Next, please print the nozzle check pattern to determine whether the ink is ejecting properly from the print head. To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MX922 is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

3.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

4.  To print the nozzle check pattern:

4-1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

4-2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK.

4-3.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-4.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-5.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

If they differ, perform a few cleanings.  Please perform the following steps to perform a Cleaning:

1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK.

3.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

4.  Select Cleaning and press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Yes.

The cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?

MX922 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did all that before sending the message. I also unplugged it overnight, and replugged it. Nothing from the copier. Printing is fine. Ink is full, nozzile pattern is fine, cleaning completed. No copy from the copier!

Hi 2cpareck,

Is your PIXMA MX922 connected to a computer?

If it is, please open the IJ Scan Utility and attempt to scan.  Are you able to scan?  That would tell us if the scanner is working.

For more information, please use the appropriate link below:

(for Windows)  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

(for OSX)  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements