cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX882

rweakswa
Apprentice

Bought this new a few years ago.  All functions worked until I got new computer and moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Still prints and copies but will not scan, now. Downloaded current drivers including Image Garden but not sure if those were the right ones or there is a different problem.  NOT tech savvy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

Make sure that the MP Navigator program is installed.  This program needs to be on the system in order for you to be able to scan.  Visit the following link to download the program.

PIXMA MX882 Drivers & Downloads

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

New computer, fresh install.  You should not be having any issues.  How is the printer connected?

Can you confirm you have installed the correct drivers for your printer on the new computer?

Pixima 882 Download

This package should be installed alone, and not over another version (in case you used a CD) or earlier version of the drivers to install.

If that did happen, I would recommend removing the printer and uninstalling the drivers, restarting the machine and reintalling using the package above.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'll give that a shot tomorrow.  Thank you.

First, thank you for the suggestions.  I did delete all the old drivers and downloaded the package from the link you sent.  The "print" function and "copy" function are still working but not the "scan."  I was told my one tech that the scan driver may be separate but no idea what it may be called.  I'm not sure whether moving from Windows 7 (old computer) to Windows 10 (new computer) is a factor.  My printer is connected to the computer via USB port, and the wireless function is also set (*although I have not tried printing via wirelass, yet.

Also, I do not know if other software (such as Adobe?) is required in my computer for the printer scan to function.  Frustration abounds.

Thank you VERY much for your time.

Hello.

Make sure that the MP Navigator program is installed.  This program needs to be on the system in order for you to be able to scan.  Visit the following link to download the program.

PIXMA MX882 Drivers & Downloads

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This message is specifically for "shadowsports ("Respected Contributor") and Michael (Product Expert).  I followed the advice each of you provided and both, I believe, contributed to resolving my issue, with Michael's being the last step.  I am in a large demographic group (old people) who don't all have the knowledge and mental processing capacity that you do.

Solving my problem (and potentially money in buying a new printer) was only part of my equation.  I really hate waste of any kind but particularly electronic (and hazardous) waste.  It might have come to that without your clear, concise, easy-to-follow instructions and links.

I'm not sure why you would, but if you ever come to Spokane, WA, I'm buying lunch.

Ron

windy
Apprentice

Nowadays I have a problem with my printer MX882. Especially after I had updated to windows10, it started. I can hear the perfect printing sound but the paper came out WHITE. I did nozzle check, deep cleaning several times. The result was fine. The ink working very fine in the test. I can't print Open Office, Google docs, and sheets. When I printed these documents or PDFs, they all came out WHITE. And it is the same that I can hear the perfect printing sound. But the strange thing is I can print JPG. This result is the same as the rear and front cartridges. How should I do?

***Here is the environment of my PC***
Device specifications
Dell Inspiron 3477 AIO
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7130U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows specifications
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎6/‎21/‎2020

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!