cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX860 compatible with MacOS Sierra

Naplesrich
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MX860 and would like to upgrade my Mac OS to Sierra. Canon has no drivers listed for the PIXMA MX860.

I currently am successfully using my printer with El Capitan. Does anyone know if I'll have all functionality on my printer - print, scan and fax - if I upgrade my operating system? Do I need a new driver for the printer?

Thanks.

Naplesrich

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi Naplesrich,

Since we do not have Sierra-compatible drivers for the PIXMA MX860, use of the printer under that operating system is not supported.  We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for other options available to you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did call technical support and they told me that since there were no new drivers listed they really didn't know what would happen if I upgraded. Their recommendation is not to upgrade the operating system since everything works as it is. That is really not a good solution.

Thanks.

Hello, I am re-opening this thread.  I have a Mac running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 and trying to use my Canon MX 860 all-in-one print/scanner.  Is there a way to have this interface with the new OS?  Or am I stuck and basically throw the printer away?  I have an older HP printer that works with this OS.  Perhaps Canon can't keep up with the newer Operating systems (and HP can?).  Going backward on the OS is not an option or worthwhile.

Thank you

Hi jonahk007.

The MX860 went out of service life in Early 2015, while OS 10.12 released in late 2016 (OS 10.11 in late 2015).  The last version of Mac OS on which the MX860 was supported is OS 10.10.

One option I can offer is the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements