cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492

norristowndave
Contributor

My PIXMA MX492 does not scan multiple pages now using the document feeder. It worked before but now I only can use the surface only. It also does not allow multiple pages to scan using the Canon IJ scan utility. Only 1 page at a time. 

Any advice is appreciated as setting check or maybe reload scan utility ?

15 REPLIES 15

Hello.

Try using our IJ Scan Utility program to perform the scan.  The "Document" option of the product is used to scan PDF files.  Visit the following link to download the program:

PIXMA MX492 Software

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am still not able to scan more than 1 page as it gets an error message. What do you suggest. 

Hi norristowndave.

The following article contains directions to update the printer's firmware. The printer will need to remain powered on and connected to the internet for the duration of the process:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART172523

If updating the firmware does not correct the problem, you will need to check the computer's security settings and (if installed) firewall and antivirus settings to ensure the printer is allowed to send scan data back to the computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I checked and I have the latest firware installed. I am still not able to scan more than 1 page as it gets an error message. What do you suggest.

Hi norristowndave,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner

2.  Click on System Preferences

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners

4.  Click on your Canon printer on the left side

5.  Click on Scan

6.  Click on Open Scanner

7.  Change the Format to "PDF" and place a check mark next to "Combine into single document"

Are you able to scan using Image Capture?

Untitled.jpg

PIXMA MX492 I am geting a message " latest formware on the server " on my message screen. how do I update my printer firmware? 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements