cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 will print from a computer, but will not copy a document loaded onto the glass.

Cobbersm
Apprentice

This failure of the copy function just started one week ago.  The MX492 will print a WORD document from the computer (running Windows 10 over a wireless network).  The behavior observed is when the copy function is selected, and either the Black or Color button pressed, the document to be copied is scanned, a sheet of paper is pulled into the device, but it is then immediately ejected.  I am running low on black, so I have an exclaimation point on the display.  I have printed a diagnostic page sucessfully.  I have dismounted and remounted the two ink cartridges.  I put a new color cartridge in and changed the setting to print only from the color cartridge. That did not resolve the issue.

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi Cobbersm.

Some black and white printing will use color inks, so it's possible for text to look right even if the black ink isn't flowing.  If you haven't yet done so, perform a nozzle check.  Ensure the black net pattern at the top prints correctly.  If there is no black net pattern, then the black ink isn't flowing; follow the directions linked at the end of the nozzle check instructions.

If the black net pattern appears, make sure the original being scanned is not of a shiny or glossy paper type.  Try making a scan using the platen, to confirm whether the printer itself is reading and passing on the image data of the original.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After talking to technical support, they determined that the MX492 was defective and needed to be replaced.   

Announcements