cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 PRINTER SCANNER SOFTWARE

REVLIN
Apprentice

application on original mac opens with option to print or scan .  on other devices in home, it only  shows option to  print.... tried updating drivers and software on new laptop but it doesnt make a difference.  only shows print option... it works fine otherwise... i tried downloading utilty for scanner, but it didnt help.  i want to stop using the big imac  but am i doomed to keep using it just to scan?  ugh!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the info.  i believe i figured it out,  impossible to get through to them on phone,  i registered product but they say it isnt?  anyway.... i plugged usb cord into my husband imac and what do you know... the correct utility showed up with the scan  and print option... so evidently older printers dont offer scan with wireless devices.    my laptop is brand new, I downloaded all new updated drives and software from Canon site... but it still didnt work.  but as long as it works on the hubbys imac i can still use scan on his.    thank goodness.        thanks for the help guys!  i appreciate it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. 

In Printers & Scanners do you have the IJ Series version of the printer installed?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thank you for helping.....i dont know, i dont see those letters anywhere.  it just says     Canon_MX_490_series i dont think it came with a cd to download it,  if it did ,  i cant find it, and I save all my installation cds.  it was online i believe.   my other computers automaticly pick up the printer, but not the scan part.  I dont get it. My main mac has printer hooked up with a usb.  so   i tried  plugging it into my laptop that way but the applicatoin for printer still doesnt come up with the scan option.  see pics  first one is on my IMAC,  2nd is laptop.  this is frustrating! IMG_0338.jpegIMG_0341.jpeg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
The computer that say AirPrint doesn’t have a Canon driver installed. AirPrint is an Apple driver with limited capabilities.

In that computer click the + button to add a printer and wait until you see the series version of the printer show up. It could take several minutes. That should resolve your problem. Delete the AirPrint version b
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the info.  i believe i figured it out,  impossible to get through to them on phone,  i registered product but they say it isnt?  anyway.... i plugged usb cord into my husband imac and what do you know... the correct utility showed up with the scan  and print option... so evidently older printers dont offer scan with wireless devices.    my laptop is brand new, I downloaded all new updated drives and software from Canon site... but it still didnt work.  but as long as it works on the hubbys imac i can still use scan on his.    thank goodness.        thanks for the help guys!  i appreciate it.

Announcements