cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX490 ERROR Code B204

jatkinson
Apprentice

printer was working complete fine then all of the sudden it through up an error code and wont do anything. we have unplugged and let sit for 12 hours and it still doesnt work. what can we do? cannon customer support doesnt do anything but have me in a continous loop.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its possible new ink cartridges might resolve this error.

B204 is usually the print head.  Overheated, malfunctioning or failed.

If you have replaced the cartridges recently or they are relatively new, try removing them, re-seating the test again.

If the error persists, its time for a new printer.  The cost to replace the print head and or to ship and have the device serviced will exceed the cost of replacement.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART100497

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Biliy
Apprentice

I am having the problem, Error Code B204. This is a new printer, never been used. I followed the instructions on replacing the ink cartridges and still get the same code. Did I waste my money on a piece of junk?

Hi, Billy.

Even though this printer was retired at the end of last month, if you purchased it as a brand-new printer from an Authorized Canon Dealer, you will have a 1-year warranty. We encourage you to register your printer at canon.us/account and reach out to our support team at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) once you do.

Announcements