Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: PIXMA MX452 Low Ink/Cartridge reset

I tried this several times to no avail. Apparently the low ink message is a worthless feature. I did find, however, that as I dug into the printer supplies/levels, the printer had updated the status to full, without resetting the low ink notification. Apparently, ink monitoring will have to be done using that feature.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Alternative #3 worked like a champ. After 2 days of absolute frustration, after I refilled the print cartridges holding down the stop button until a message appeared in the window cleared the memory and the printer was able to print. I nearly made this printer aerodymically correct. Don't go on youtube, it is useless for this method. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

tryed all of the above. still will not rreset, even with new cartridge. will print all test pages, but not documents

Highlighted
New Contributor

oh''''''''  If your the expert, how do you get around the battery, that keep's the memory alive, when machine is unplugged. Nomatter what i try, will not print anything but test pages

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this!!!  It worked for me!  I waited several minutes after holding the stop button down while it contemplated life lol Smiley Happy.  Sending a print Job, for me, wasn't necessary though.  I just unplugged it, waited a while, then plugged it back in and pressed the stop button for at least 10 seconds 

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have cannon pixma E 477, after I refill the cartridge black ink show low ink, how can I reset this ?
Highlighted
Product Expert

Doren,

We cannot guarantee functionality of refilled or remanufactured cartridges.  If the error persists, please install new, genuine Canon brand cartridges to ensure proper functionality.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have an MX452 color inkjet printer.  I'm not trying to print anything, just scan a document.

I get the check ink error message (1401) and try just the solution of pressing the STOP button for 10 secs. but I just get a beep when I press the button and nothing happens after holding it for 10 secs.

When I try unplugging the printer for 45 secs. I get the same thing.  Error message, beep when I press STOP, and the error message still doesn't disappear.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I tried the exact set of directions on PIXMA MX512 and it worked. The printer didn't beep or give a refill message error. 

The message that came up said processing please wait. Printer was able to print afterwards.

The directions that Tom gave for the PIXMA MX452 were just about exactly the same for the PIXMA MX512

Thank you Tom.