09-08-2014 12:05 PM
I have scoured this forum and the almighty Google, but have not found a solution to my problem.
If my printer sits for a while and (I'm guessing) enters a low powered mode, it will not wake up to print when I send a page to print. If I power off the printer, then power it back up, it works fine until it is left to sit for a while. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed the printer drivers and still have the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, after resetting the printer, it works fine for a while, then back to not working again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
10-13-2014 03:04 AM
To try and resolve the issue, we will want to ensure that the printer has proper wireless communication occurring. For proper wireless communication to occur, it is important that network devices are suitably located. Please ensure the following:
1. The printer and the access point are located within the wireless connectivity range with no obstacles between them.
2. The distance between the printer and the access point is not too far. If they are too far, move them closer together.
3. There is no barrier or obstacle between the printer and the access point. In general, connection performance decreases for communications through walls or between different floors. Adjust the locations to avoid such situations.
4. There are no sources of radio interference near the printer and the access point. The wireless connection may use the same frequency band as microwave ovens and other sources of radio interference. Try to keep the printer and the access point away from such sources.
5. Check if the radio channel of the access point is close to that of other access points nearby. If the radio channel of the access point is close to that of other access points nearby, the connection performance may become unstable. Be sure to use a radio channel that does not interfere with other access points.
6. The printer and the access point face each other. Connection performance may depend on the orientations of the wireless devices. Replace the access point and the printer in another direction to achieve the best performance.
Once these items have been verified, if you still experience difficulty, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
11-16-2014 06:13 PM