cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX432 Continuously offline

dkettman
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I have scoured this forum and the almighty Google, but have not found a solution to my problem.

If my printer sits for a while and (I'm guessing) enters a low powered mode, it will not wake up to print when I send a page to print. If I power off the printer, then power it back up, it works fine until it is left to sit for a while. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed the printer drivers and still have the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, after resetting the printer, it works fine for a while, then back to not working again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi dkettman,

To try and resolve the issue, we will want to ensure that the printer has proper wireless communication occurring.  For proper wireless communication to occur, it is important that network devices are suitably located.  Please ensure the following:

1. The printer and the access point are located within the wireless connectivity range with no obstacles between them.

2. The distance between the printer and the access point is not too far.  If they are too far, move them closer together.

3. There is no barrier or obstacle between the printer and the access point.  In general, connection performance decreases for communications through walls or between different floors.  Adjust the locations to avoid such situations.

4. There are no sources of radio interference near the printer and the access point.  The wireless connection may use the same frequency band as microwave ovens and other sources of radio interference.  Try to keep the printer and the access point away from such sources.

5. Check if the radio channel of the access point is close to that of other access points nearby.  If the radio channel of the access point is close to that of other access points nearby, the connection performance may become unstable. Be sure to use a radio channel that does not interfere with other access points.

6. The printer and the access point face each other. Connection performance may depend on the orientations of the wireless devices. Replace the access point and the printer in another direction to achieve the best performance.

Once these items have been verified, if you still experience difficulty, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same issues, the response by Ramona below did not help. The wireless communication is fine. Has there been a fix found for this windows 8 problem yet? I keep having to reinstall drivers to print something.

I have tried all the posted suggestions on this forum, on google and anywhere I could think of. I have 2 windows 10 surface pros. On one the printer is offline and the other it is online. The only solution that works is if I (some random number) multiple times unplug the printer and replug it in the computer recognizes the printer is back online.  The only indicator that the printer will be back online is when it pops up a box saying the printer was unplugged please use the normal method of turning the print on or off (or some such phrasing).

Announcements