cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX410 error code 5B00

StPaulCanon
Apprentice

My PIXMA MX410 printer has stoppd printing and displays the error code 5B00. How do I resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try leaving the power unplugged for 5-10 minutes to see if this will help with the error.  If the error persists, the printer will need repair.  If you would like to get the printer repaired, please check your local listings for any electronic repair shops in that area that may be able to examine the unit.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I left the printer unplugged for 10 minutes. Didn't help. Then I left it unplugged for 24 hours, as someone on the forum suggested. No dice. It seems that the 5B00 code refers to the ink absorbers being full or clogged. But there is no way to access the ink absorbers under the plastic shield/cover on the right of the carriage. Not sure this can be repaired at a repair shop. Is this perhaps just a "fatal condition"?

.MX410. Error code 5B00. I tried every thing that others said to try....no good. Why does'nt Canon tell us how to fix the problem? I don't want to have to but a new printer.

Announcements