cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX340 nozzle check missing light cyan and dark magenta

Jebs
Apprentice

Hi,

Since the prints were missing red components I decided to perform a nozzle check but in picture you can see the result.

I did cleaning, deep cleaning, roller cleaning and bottom cleaning.

then I changed the COLOR cartridge and I got the SAME RESULT (so it must be not depending on the cartridge I guess).

thanks for helping.

IMG_20200516_190554.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Jebs,

If the issue persists after cleanings have been done and the cartridges were replaced, the printer would most likely need to be replaced.  Canon Service Facilities do not repair this model.  However, if you wanted to get the unit repaired, please check your local listings for any electronics repair shops in your area.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sounds like you are on the right track:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART109241

Perform cleaning and maintenance tasks. 

Next step, replace the fine cartridge.  If this doesn't resolve, the printer will require service or replacement.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

since I've performed all cleanings several times and replaced the cartridge with no positive results, before trashing a 6yo_70$_InkJet_printer_no_one_would_repair, can I have an official answer from Canon support?

thanks in advance

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Jebs,

If the issue persists after cleanings have been done and the cartridges were replaced, the printer would most likely need to be replaced.  Canon Service Facilities do not repair this model.  However, if you wanted to get the unit repaired, please check your local listings for any electronics repair shops in your area.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements