cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX300 installation in Windows 8.1 64 bit, USB 3.0 failed - blank pages, incomplete pages

janeintoronto
Contributor

I just bought a Lenovo ThinkPad with Win 8.1 64bit and I downloaded from Canon the driver for the PIXMA MX300. My USB ports are all 3.0, and sometime I get error that Pixma wants a 2.0 but that is not necessarily the problem. The computer recognizes the printer and will start to print. However, first several blank pages will eject without any attempt to print, then the printer will start to print, but will only  do a few lines before stopping and ejecting the paper, unfinished. It will repeat this endlessly if not aborted. The particular example is a reasonably small graphic in Windows Paint. Here, within Print, Page setup, print options, one can reduce spool size, but that does not fix the problem.

Re: the USB's  I have tried both 3.0 direct and via a hub I bought quite some time ago. The USB cable is quite long.  

Windows says it is on USB support and that the printer is working properly, but it is not. Please help. It is a good machine.

1 REPLY 1

janeintoronto
Contributor
Ok, I discovered that it was the 16+ foot USB cable. It was elsewhere on this forum. At present, the MX300 is printing fine from a 3.0 USB port. Whether it will survive a cheap hub, I don't know yet.
Announcements