cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX 922 does not print

chenyc888
Apprentice

I connect the printer wirelessly with PC (Win 7). I can scan. So, I know the connection is good. Printer status is ready/online from PC. So, the printer appears fine, but it does not print. The printer status shows "Error -Printing." Here are the questions.

1. What's wrong and how can I fix this?

2. How do I reset the printer back to factory condition so that I can start all over again?

3. I tried to connect via LAN  with hard wire. I set the printer to "Wire LAN active." I then scan the printer on PC using  IJ Network Tool. It says "There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings...," and the printer status in IJ Network Tool says "Not Found." I am pretty sure the cable and network is working because I checked with a PC. What am I doing wrong? How do I get the wired function working?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you delete the driver and then reinstall - download the latest version from the Canon support site - you can start the installation process over.

Check your on-screen manual for sure, but I believe if you select Menu>"right arrow" once>OK and then several right arrows you should get to Reset.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the info. I can reset the printer by going through the menu list. However, this does not get me back to the state when the printer is right out of the box, i.e., the factory state. By the way, I did try to reset via menu list, but this does not help.

To follow up, I finally resolved the problem with the original CD. There is an option to reset the printer settings when you run the setting software on the CD, which is not available either from the printer itself or from the softwares installed on your PC.

great  thanks for the follow-up 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements