cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MP450 printer no longer works after OS X Yosemite install

mchlr72
Apprentice
VERY frustrated. Installed Yosemite 10.10 via iMac Software Update about 5 days ago. Guess I shouldn't have, because a few days later, my PIXMA MP450 suddenly stopped working. I got a screen message saying printer is offline, even though all cords (connected through USB) were secure & attached. I followed suggestions on Apple website to delete MP450 from printer list then re-add. Deleted, but when tried to re-add, MP450 is nowhere to be found anywhere on computer. The MP450 page on Canon site, http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp450 says "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver." Not sure where the above sentence leaves me. Did a Disk Permissions Repair , which showed there were indeed Permissions issues with printer, then restarted. Nothing. I installed at Apple website's suggestion a10.10.1 followup/update which was supposed to fix "bugs" with initial install including printer screws. Didn't work. The printer is certainly not new but worked fine & upgrading to a new OS has never caused something like this to happen.
3 REPLIES 3

mchlr72
Apprentice
Anyone? Please?

Hi mchlr72!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

Ramona
Authority

Hi mchlr72,

There are not drivers for the PIXMA MP450 that are compatible with the Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) operating system.  We ask that you please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for other options available to you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements