cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG7720 will not print 5x7 photos

Mick1
Apprentice

My PIXMA MG7720 simply won't recognize the proper size in its tray. I have tried tray1, tray2. took one tray out.

Here are error messages:

The size or type of the paper loaded in cassette 1 is different from print settings. SUPPORT CODE 2111

Check whether the paper that matches the following print settings is loaded. 

Page Size: 2L/5"x7" (13x18)

Type: Plus Glossy II

Select what to do from the following

Replace the paper and print

Cancel

**Then, I press replace the paper (and put 5x7 paper in cassette 1)**

Load the appropriate paper in cassette 1

And this usually ends whatever I'm trying to do. Can't go from here anywhere. 

It prints 4x6 just fine. 

HELP! I'm about to return this thing. 

4 REPLIES 4

soylent
Apprentice

Same problem I'm having. I even loaded tray 1 with the Pixma 5x7 paper and it still says that the paper does not match the printer settings.

Nice that someone from Canon has responded

Hello.

Please visit the following link for information on how to resolve this error:

2111 error

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MICHAEL:

It appears the links are broken.

Error 404--Not Found
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

silliejillie11
Apprentice

This is an easy fix. Simply change your document size in Word or whatever program you are using to A5. It is bigger than the 5x7 but you just center your design or text (do not make bigger to fit the new size). Then in your print options choose A5 as paper size. If you just center it, it will print since it thinks it is A5. Hope this helps. 

Announcements