cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG7720 started printing blank pages and documents are being sent to the queue

Jasmine447
Apprentice

Hi,

I've had my MG7720 for a couple of years and a few weeks ago, it started printing documents very misaligned and blurry. I did a nozzle check and deep cleaning and they came out perfect, but the printing remained the same.

Now, the printer is pritning blank pages and the documents that are supposed to be printed are being sent to the queue. It sounds as if there is nothing wrong with the printer because I can hear the mechanics of the inside working. I did the nozzle check, print head alignment, and cleaning once again which all came out perfect, but there were still blank pages coming out. Then I uninstalled the driver, reinstalled it, and restarted my laptop (Windows 10, 64-bit OS). Nothing had changed. One thing to note is that when I reinstalled the driver, the last step required a print execution to make sure everything worked properly. However, nothing printed from the MG7720 and there was no indication of extra steps to take, so I clicked "Next." The setup stated that the driver download was successful.

If anyone can help, that would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

atloomis
Apprentice

Jasmine, I am having a similar issue with printing blank pages. I've tried cartridges, cleaning, etc. No luck. Hoping someone at Canon can help us both. Here's my post for more info: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/Pixma-MG7720-Won-t-Print/m-p/317978

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jasmine447,

Please compare the nozzle check that you printed with this example:

MG7720 Nozzle Check.jpg

On your nozzle check, did the black grid print to the right of  |PGBK|  at the top of the page?

If it did, the next step would be to perform an encoder cleaning:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164632

After cleaning, please attempt to print again.

If no black grid printed or cleaning the encoder did not resolve the print issue, your PIXMA MG7720 would require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements