cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG7520 quit scanning

Buddie
Apprentice

I used to scan documents but when I tried scanning from my Mac running OSX 10.10.5 via wirelessly and USB connected, both times I get a "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:" error.

I have downloaded and installed all the drivers from both Canon and Apple but I still get the same error.

Image Capture shows a "Scanner reported an error A required file is missing or corrupted, or settings are incorrect. Try the installation again."

I have removed and added the printer in System Preferences and connected the printer to my network from the printer settings. I can print docs wirelessly and while connected with a USB cable to my Mac mini, I just can't scan any docs with the printer anymore. 

The only thing I haven't tried from the above error report is to turn on the scanner because I don't know how to turn it off/on.

Appreciate any help you can give me in scanning docs with my MG7520 again.

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try reinstalling the ICA driver to see if this resolves your issue.  Visit www.usa.canon.com and search for the printer to access the latest downloads.

If the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Michael,

I didn't find an ICA driver when I ran a search for my printer. I only found the "MG7500 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)" that I already tried installing before posting on here.

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I found the ICA driver at Canada Canon site to download and install. I can scan documents again.

One other thing I found out is I can't run a search for my printer from the USA Canon site using Safari 9.0.1 web browser. Everything worked fine using Firefox though.

savtejuja
Apprentice
PIXMA MG7520 printer .. USB cable for scanning not working ... urgent need for fixing so that I can scan today

image.png
Would greatly appreciate a resolution as soon as possible.
Thanks much!
Announcements