cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6620 - Error #1403

Mirko65
Apprentice

I got an Error code #1403 saying "The type of print head is incorrect"
I have removed it, cleaned it, followed all the instructions and put i back.

No way...

I called Canon support but got no help.

It is probably because the printer is out of warranty,

What shall I do?

Is there anybody who could help?

The printer has 5 years but trust me it is more than one year since I last used it and also previously I used very seldom (mainly to scan some documents).

Shall I buy a new print head on line ($30 approx)?

Thanks,

Mirko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi Mirko65.

The 1403 error may indicate a problem with the print head, though it may also indicate a problem with the components inside the printer with which the print head communicates.  It is possible that a replacement print head will not correct the core issue causing the error.

Due to the sensitive nature of the component, and the ease of fraud, a replacement print head for the MG6620 may be non-refundable and non-returnable, and does not come from Canon with its own warranty.

If you wish to purchase a replacement printer, you are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Darius
Whiz

Hi Mirko65.

The 1403 error may indicate a problem with the print head, though it may also indicate a problem with the components inside the printer with which the print head communicates.  It is possible that a replacement print head will not correct the core issue causing the error.

Due to the sensitive nature of the component, and the ease of fraud, a replacement print head for the MG6620 may be non-refundable and non-returnable, and does not come from Canon with its own warranty.

If you wish to purchase a replacement printer, you are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Darius,

thanks for your answer.

I do not find the Accept as Solution button....

We clicked it for you, Mirko65! 🙂

Now I can see it!

It did not show up in your previous message.

Capture.JPG

Where is the Accept as Solution button

Is that upgrade program available in Japan?

medixrun
Apprentice

We have a MG 6821 Pixma Canon all in one printer. We too get the 1403 support code. We tried a multitude of suggestions found on this forum and You Tube to rectifiy the problem will no change. We cleaned the head, replaced the ink, and tried a hard reset with no luck The research has presented that this is a commom problem with Canon printers. Technical support when your printer is out of warranty is worthless. Enough time has been wasted on this product, so we are looking to buy another printer-scanner from another company. I would not waste my money on another Canon printer. 

Announcements