02-12-2020 04:09 PM
Please turn your PIXMA MG6320 off.
Wait 5 minutes and then turn it back on. Does an error appear on the display of your PIXMA MG6320? If so, what code appears at the top?
If no error appears, please try printing a test page:
1. Swipe the HOME screen and then tap Setup on your PIXMA MG6320. It is the wrench and screwdriver icon.
2. Tap Maintenance.
3. Tap Print nozzle check pattern.
4. Tap Yes.
Does the test page print? If not, does an error appear? If so, what error code appears at the top of the display?
02-12-2020 07:11 PM
Yes the page did print.
I then saw your email and so I printed that but I am getting "Printer is an error state" and a box for the printer states "Printer not responding." There are no error code numbers. Through all this, I have never had an error number.
So now what?
02-14-2020 11:14 AM
To help determine the next steps in troubleshooting, please let us know the following:
02-15-2020 02:11 PM
Windows 10 Home
Installed on 09/06/19
OS build 18362.592
For connection, not sure but currently the printer has the Internet Symbol lit in blue, and no cord to the PCU. AT&T Uverse WAP that has the Paired and Link both blinking.
Early last summer we had a power outage and I had to get the printer reconnected, which I did, and then it was working great. This past September/October is when it stopped. I think we may have had an outage because it was a couple weeks after that I tried to use the printer and it wouldn't work. So I did all the recover things I did in the early summer and nothing! One item that has been popping up is a "Canon My Image Garden, A required file may have been deleted or damaged. Reinstall this software." I just reinstalled from the CD for Canon and still nothing. Still getting that message box.
Big box store rep said it is probably broke and get a new printer. Nope, I love this printer!!!!
Ok, your turn Patrick.
02-17-2020 03:32 PM
Please follow these steps:
1. Swipe the Home screen of your PIXMA MG6320 from left to right and then tap Setup (the wrench and screwdriver icon).
2. Tap Device Settings.
3. Tap LAN settings.
4. Tap Wireless LAN setup.
5. If "To start setup..." appears, select "To other connection methods" at the bottom.
6. Tap Standard setup.
7. Select your wireless network from the list that appears.
8. Tap the screen to enable the keyboard and enter your wireless network password and tap Apply.
9. Tap OK to connect your PIXMA MG6320 to your network.
Once connected again, please follow these steps to reinstall on your computer:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MG6300 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG6300's are removed.
5. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
6. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
7. Click once on "MG6300 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
9. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MG6300 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mg6300-1_01-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.
03-15-2020 02:58 PM
Hi Patrick. You helped me tremendously to get my printer back and working. I printed out some items on Friday night, Saturday, (2 weeks ago) the printer won't even turn on. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it will not power on!! With this model the Home and other buttons do not show up unless the printer is on. I read somewhere to hold the power button and stop button at the same time. I can't see where the stop button is!!!!
I am at a lost. Is this printer going to the electronic waste land?
03-16-2020 04:14 PM
Please try connecting your PIXMA MG6320 to a different power outlet. If the issue persists, your PIXMA MG6320 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.
To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.
08-12-2020 10:57 PM
Canon, you helped me in March 2020 on my PIXMA MG6320. Have a new printer. Thunderstorm. Electricity went out. Printer will not work. I have done several things, but tonight I went back to Michael/Canon's instructions in March of what to do. I uninstalled the printer and the driver. I reinstalled my printer from the website. I downloaded the Driver from Canon website. (Ver 1.01 eff 08/04/20) Printer is connected to the internet, so it says, but NADA.
Should I start all over again by uninstalling the printer and the printer driver?
Thank you.....Jean O
08-17-2020 01:29 PM
For communication problems caused by power outage:
If the printer is still unable to communicate after these steps, make sure the printer is powering on correctly. If it does not, then register the printer to a Canon Account (if you have not yet done so) and use the information provided there to contact support.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.