cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6120 picture printing issue

ScrapbookMomma
Apprentice

My Canon printer has worked great for 10 years.  However, about a year ago it stopped printing great quality photos.  I thought it was just the cheap ink that we had bought.  I haven't had time until recently to work on printing pictures out again (I enjoy scrapbooking and often want odd sizes), and although I have put all Canon ink in the printer the pictures are still terrible.  They look as if the fine detail layer of the ink is missing or as if it is a really over exposed picture.  Black & white photos are passible.  But the color photos are terrible.  I have tried different papers, various settings when ready to print, I ran the cleaning cycles... none of those things have made a difference.  Any new ideas?  Thank you for any helpful hints!  

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd give this a try:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114102

If you have performed all maintenance tasks, are using Canon ink, good quality paper, and selecting the right media type for the job, you may need to accept that after 9 good years, it's time to replace the printer.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick 

Thank you for the link about cleaning the timing strip I will give that a try.  And yes, it might just be old.  I would hate to replace if it there was something that was fairly easy to fix the problem though.  🙂

Heidi

Announcements