Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

PIXMA MG6120 B200 error msg

I have a PIXMA MG 6120 that has come up with a B200 error message.  I have unplugged for 2+ hours and have cleaned the print head thouroughly with no success.  What else can I try?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PIXMA MG6120 B200 error msg

Greetings,

Straight from Canon's knowledgebase:

Unfortunately, this is an unrecoverable hardware error and repairs are no longer available for this product due to its age. If you wish to move up to a newer product, please contact our Customer Support team at (866) 443-8002 to explore your options. Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply. 

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART109258

If you have unplugged and power cycled, there isn't much else to do. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: PIXMA MG6120 B200 error msg

Thanks.  It's been a good machine and even though it's fairly old I'm sure it hasn't been used much as printers go.  I'm not very electronics savvy but other than occassional print head cleaning I can't imagine much should go wrong with a printer like this as long as it isn't something that moves or mechanical.  PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE maybe?  Oh well, they're fairly inexpensive so a new one might be nice.  After seeing all the problems people have had with various Canon printers, I won't be buying another Canon.  Maybe a Brother or HP?