cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5620 - problems with paper loading.

CABW13
Apprentice

My PIXMA MG5620 has a chronic problem with pulling paper from the paper tray.  There will be plenty of paper but it constantly needs to have it hand-fed.  Then it often pulls in the whole bunch of papers and jams.  What can I do to prevent this?

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CABW13,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried live tech support at Canon. No luck! They don't know what the issue is 😕

The paper feeds fine on my MG5620 during the "roller cleaning" function, but won't feed at all during a regular print or "print nozzle check pattern" function.

During the latter two (regular print, "print nozzle check pattern"), NO paper feeds, and I get a "C000" Support Code telling me to check for foreign objects, protective material and correct ink tank installation. None of those are the issue, and I've been on phone with Canon tech support for an hour today with this exact issue, and several other times with similar and different issues since I bought this over the last 2+ years.

I hate to just throw this machine out and buy a new one (making waste, and spending more money), but this machine has not worked well since soon after buying it. Is the MG5620 a bad model, or is just my printer a bad build of it?

Can anyone help me with getting this to work?

Thanks.

ted939
Apprentice

Furthermore, the paper feeds fine on my MG5620 during the "roller cleaning" function, but won't feed at all during a regular print or "print nozzle check pattern" function.

During the latter two (regular print, "print nozzle check pattern"), NO paper feeds, and I get a "C000" Support Code telling me to check for foreign objects, protective material and correct ink tank installation. None of those are the issue, and I've been on phone with Canon tech support for an hour today with this exact issue, and several other times with similar and different issues since I bought this over the last 2+ years.

I hate to just throw this machine out and buy a new one (making waste, and spending more money), but this machine has not worked well since soon after buying it. Is the MG5620 a bad model, or is just my printer a bad build of it?

Can anyone help me with getting this to work?

Thanks.

And even though I've had it over 2-4 years now, it has had VERY few pages put through it for that amount of time. Maybe 200-300 pages?? 400 pages Max?? That's like 8-16 pages PER MONTH. That's VERY low mileage for the printer to have stopped working by now.

I mean, it's always always always needed assistance feeding paper (by hand), but to totally not work by now, that's not right 😕

Announcements