cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5620 Scanner Not Scanning

hvmid__
Apprentice

Everytime I try to scan the screen on my all in one PIXMA MG5620 Printer says the following: "Set the PC to start scanning".

- I have installed the Canon IJ Scan Utility2

- I have Bonjour/printer network sharing enabled on my Macbook

- Everything works except for Scanning via the printer buttons and via the Canon printing software.

I have downloaded the app, and that lets me scan remotely. However, it is more practical to have scanning capabilities on my computer rather than on my cellphone. I have tried everything and I am at a loss here. So if anyone could help me out that would be grealty appreciated.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

RevCanonX
Contributor
Are you trying to scan by wireless or with USB cable? I find scan functions on my MG 5350 will only work if the cable is connected. Don't ask me why ... ask Canon.

It's a nuisance, but a minor one since my machine is next to the printer. If I were in another room when I wanted to scan it might be more annoying; but if I want to scan something I need to be next to the printer anyway, so it's not too much of a hardship.

However, at times the wireless function will work, while at others it won't. This is the really frustrating part, and even more so when you start wireless, and then after 2 or 3 scans it suddenly decides it's not doing any more.

Come on, Canon, sort your machinery and soft/firmware out.
Announcements