cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5520 Erropr Code B200

Ohiofan
Apprentice

Recycling printer does not resolve the issue. Turned off, unplugged and waited 30 seconds.  Plugged back in and tuned on but no help.  Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ohiofan,

The B200 error is an indication that your PIXMA MG5520 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I ended up buying a new printe with the upgrade program, but I still want to fix the Pixma MG 5520 that I have a lot of cartiges left that I did not use. Where should I send my printer for service? How much would it cost? Could I service my own printer if there is service manual available for users? Could I just buy the printer head? What options do I have? 

Thank you,

Lalo

I'm having the same issue with my PIXMA 5520 in regards to the B200 code. I've looked online and I've tried resetting my printer and cleaning the printer head with no positive results. Am I to understand that the printer is no good now? What if I purchace a new OEM printer head, will that fix my problem? Thanks in advance!

same situation like you. I can't even go to setting to clean the printer head. How do you go to setting to do so?

I am having the same issue.  Nothing is fixing it.

Ohiofan
Apprentice

Would reinstalling the driver for my printer fix the B200 error?  If so, I do I find and download the driver?  I have Windows 10 and the printer is llightly used and has been largely trouble free.  Nothing I couldn't fix. Now in a bind and may be forced to buy a new printer if I can't fix the B200 code.

Ohiofan
Apprentice

Getting a B200 error and recyling (turning off, unplugging, replug and turn on again) didn't help.  How do I find and reinstall the printer driver?  In a bind so may have to buy new if I can't fix this.  HELP!

Hi Ohiofan,

Reinstalling the printer driver will not clear the B200 error, as the B200 error is a hardware error within the printer itself.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, Ohiofan!  Just a quick note to let you know that we saw that you posted this same inquiry three separate times on our forum, so to keep things nice and neat, we've merged them all into the same thread.

Thanks for posting!

Announcements