cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5420 - Set new PC for scanning

jaynier2
Apprentice

I have a new PC, and am trying to scan directly from the MG5420 printer/scanner to the PC.  I am receiving a message that I need to select the PC, which still shows my old computer.  I have downloaded the IJ Scan Utility and can scan from the utility but don't see where to select the PC to scan from the printer.  Any ideas on how to complete the setup?

Thanks for the assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you - i called support and was able to select the new printer using the scan/forward button on the printer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Thank you - i called support and was able to select the new printer using the scan/forward button on the printer.

Glad to hear that our friendly US based support team was able to help you out! If you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements