cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5320 'filter' failed message, can't find driver?

haleybrown
Apprentice

Hi all! 
Unfortunately my printer is no longer supported by phone support, so I'm hoping someone here might know how to answer my question. According to the forums, after updating to MacOs Monterey 12.0.1 it seems like I need to delete the printer under system preferences and install a new driver. The problem is, no driver is offered for my current operating system, and when I try to download an older driver, I get a message that it cannot be installed because apple cannot check it for viruses and the software needs to be updated? 

Is there something here I'm not understanding? Thanks so much for your time and expertise! ❤️ 

-haley 

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Your model printer was retired in 2018 and is not supported on the Mac OS version you are running. Since the printer is not compatible with your OS, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. 

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

StefMacGR
Apprentice

Hello I have MG5250 Canon Photo Printer...

So I have the same Error in macOS 11 and macOS 12 with the new MacBook Air M1  ! ! ! 

I solve it with this exactly steps :

1. Power off your printer.
  2. Open System Preferences and select Print & Fax.
  3. Highlight the Canon printer and click on the "-" sign to delete the printer.
  4. Click Delete Printer to confirm and close Print & Fax.
  5. On your hard drive, select Library > Printers. Delete the Canon folder.
  6. On your hard drive, select Library > Printers> PPD > Contents > Resources. Delete Canon Printer Name.gz
  7. On your hard drive, select Library > Cache and delete the Canon folder.
  8. Close the hard drive.
  9. Restart your computer and power on the printer.
  10. Go to usa.canon.com/support
  11. Or (https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_m...) if your are in Europe.
  12. Search for your product or select it from the list.
  13. Select Downloads.
  14. Choose the printer or scanner driver for your system and click Download Now.
  15. Once the download has completed, click on the file from your desktop to launch the installer.
  16. Follow the directions to complete the installation.
  17. Try Printing again. 

I hope to help you !

Announcements