cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5220 PRINTER NOT DETECTED BY COMPUTER

Richie7up25
Apprentice

Hello all, 

i have a pixma mg5220 printer that used to work fine before i changed my Internet router. now according to the printer i am connected to the access point. now all of sudden my computer cant detect the printer. i have tried reinstalling it and still cant be detected ? I've tried disabling the ipv6 and still no luck. the router i changed it to is a fios quantum router. and i am working with windows 10.

thanks all

7 REPLIES 7

PJ703
Apprentice

I am having the same problem with the MP 495

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PJ703,

To print the network settings for your MP495 follow the steps HERE. Once the network settings print, please make sure that the SSID matches your network. We will also need to know what the signal strength is and the first three number of the IP/IPV4 address. 

We look forward to your reply.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Richie7up25,

I recommend printing the network settings page directly from the printer. Please click HERE for the steps. Once the network settings print, please make sure that the SSID matches your network. We will also need to know what the signal strength is and the first three number of the IP/IPV4 address.

We look forward to your reply.

I am having the same issue.  I have confimed that the SSID is correct, the signal strength is 100% and the first three digits of IP address is 192

Hi, bassro.

The next step is to enter the printer's IP v4 IP address from that sheet into the address bar of a browser window (where the "http://" usually goes).  It should be numbers and periods, with no spaces.  This should bring up a page with a login and information about the printer.

If you see the information page, then the printer and computer are communicating, and the source of the problem will be found somewhere on the computer (security software, conflicting program, a necessary service was turned off, etc.).

If you receive an error page due to a "bad certificate" or "certificate cannot be confirmed," refer to THIS ARTICLE and then try again.

If the page reports as unreachable, then the router is not allowing the printer and computer to communicate.  Ensure the printer and router are at least ~ 2-3 ft apart, and that they are both connected to the same SSID for the network.  If the printer information still can't be pulled up using the computer's IP address, you'll need to contact your router's support or your internet service provider for further assistance.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have checked my SSID and the IPv4 IP address. I have a lot of trouble with this printer not being "found" on our network, but the software for the router sees it, and I did find it through the browser. 

I have tried restarting everything in the past (modem, router, all computers and printers). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. From all the attempts to print to this printer, we often have a page pop out days later that got hung up in the network and it finally found its way through. 

What else can be done to ensure that it can always be "found"? I have tried static IPs before. That was a while ago, and it then will give me issues trying to sign in to networks at a hotel. I have to get help to change the settings. 

Hi,

I can go to http://printerIPAdress, and I see the printer there, but I still cannot add my MG5220 to my Printers.

Do you know what can cause that? I see this problem on both PC and Mac.

Thanks

Nebojsa  

Announcements